ASFF2024 Short Film Competition
Submissions for our 2024 tour are OPEN. All kiwi and international surf filmmakers are welcome, and we would love to see professional, amateur and first-time filmmakers submit. Films must celebrate the art of wave-riding in all its diversity, simple as that.
We like to keep submission as simple as possible. No fees and simple digital film delivery. With a prize pool to be announced, get your films in now.
– Call for submissions opens: September 2023
– Close of submissions: Monday December 11th 2023
– Official selection announced: Monday 31st January 2024
– Aotearoa Surf Film Festival Tour: Mid Feb – Mid April 2024
No film festival would be complete without awards! Our team is currently deciding on the final categories as well as some prizes for the award winning films. These will be made public on the ASFF website and social channels in January.
We have three current award categories locked in:
– ‘Kiwi Filmmaker of the Year Award and NZ Grassroots Award: $1000 NZD Cash & more TBC
– ‘Most Environmentally Conscious Film’ supported by Patagonia: $1000 Patagonia voucher (NZD value)
– Yeti Presents: ASFF People Choice Award: Prize TBC